Friday, May 2, 2014

floral frenzy

Spring has definitely sprung and so have all those lovely flowers around you.  No matter what country, state, or city you are in, flowers can definitely define the atmosphere in which you are in. Here at The University of Alabama, the grass is greener than a greenhouse and the tulips look immaculate.  Something that I found in our own Crimson White newspaper, which I thought was interesting, was that they plant the tulips in the fall in order to bloom for the spring.  All of the other flowers around campus are shipped in for display.

If you can't tell already, I definitely have a soft spot for flowers.  I even have a board on Pinterest specifically for flowers.  I mean, who does that?!  But flowers are definitely my favorite part of every wedding I have ever attended or worked.  I think that it is the most important aspect to portray the theme and the atmosphere that you are trying to make. 
As a new blogger, I've constantly been checking on other more popular blogs. Something I've noticed that has been written about a lot is the new wedding trends for 2014.  I feel as though when most people think of weddings, they think of all white decor and a princess like atmosphere, because I know I definitely do.  A big trend for this new year has been incorporating bright colors into their big day, and what not better way to do it then with flowers.  Whether it's just a touch of blush pink with some garden roses or bright blue with a gorgeous hydrangea, you most certainly cannot go wrong.  With a vibrant colored bouquet, you are guaranteed to steal the show.  I've pulled some bouquets that I have fallen in love with off Pinterest!

As you may already know, some flowers are not so easy to get year round.  Many flowers have a specific season where they typically can be found at a cheaper price.  For example, peonies are the most popular flower in the wedding industry as of right now.  If you are wanting peonies in your bouquet, stems can range anywhere from $7-10 in season, which is outrageous.  Out of season, they can be up to $12!  Say you have seven bridesmaids with four stems each in a November wedding.  You do the math.  Even though peonies are gorgeous, they are easily substituted with other look alike flowers like garden roses or ranunculuses.  As you get closer and closer to your wedding day, I highly suggest that you start looking for flowers that are in season to keep your budget within reason.  With perfect flowers, your guests will certainly stop and smell the roses.    

No comments:

Post a Comment