Wednesday, April 23, 2014

just the beginning...

I bet you are all wondering the exact reason I, Abbie Mae Clinton, decided to start a blog.  Yeah, I know I may be an awful writer and my grammar may not be perfect, but I wanted to share with you things that I just couldn't wait to get off my mind. 

This year, I found my passion in weddings & events while interning for the wonderful Matt Clinton Designs right here in Tuscaloosa.  Day one on the job, I was thrown into setting up a wedding at Cypress Inn Pavilion.  From candelabras to lanterns to centerpieces, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  It was lots of hard labor; moving things around, to picking up tables and chairs, to carrying things to and from cars.  This was one thing that I definitely did not think about going into this industry.  But by the end of that day, I could not have been happier that I chose this path as a career.


 I am now 20 years old about to end my sophomore year at The University of Alabama.  I have worked this past year with one of the top wedding planners in Alabama.  I just gained another great opportunity to work for WINK! Weddings in Los Angeles this summer.  And to top it off, I just got another internship working at Windwood Equestrian for an Alabama graduate who has taken on the role as Senior Coordinator of Windwood Weddings. 

All of these great opportunities could not have been possible without the go-getter attitude that is much needed for the competitive wedding planning industry.  I've always been one to be much more out there then the rest, but that helped me always get what I want.   There are very few people in their 20s that have any idea what they want to do with the rest of their life.  Some of them are still trying to figure out a college major.  It's a good feeling to know that I am so sure about the journey that I am about to take as a wedding planner.  But its much more than just being a wedding planner; its about being a friend, a mentor, a mediator; and I could not be more excited.   I saw this quote once that said, "It is a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together," and it could not describe my ambitions any better.  

Many people would describe me as a hopeless romantic.  But what can you say? My favorite thing in the world is making others happy, so why not make the happiest moment of their life the best moment of their life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment